Wireless T-stat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The back of my circuit board looks nothing like that diagram... There is a two Wire terminal towards the top on the left side thought and there's nothing connected to it??

Clay I'm not surprised you said that. Some of the diagrams in my
manual don't mesh with the actual stove either but I figured things out.

This probably won't do anything for you but here's a pic of
the terminals where my t stat wires connect.

tstat_wires.jpg

Here's a pic of my board, see the two brass screws at the top end on the left? Is this it??
photo-17.jpg

Bump to the top...

Dang that really stinks. Don't see why the inserts can't
have the same "plug/play" type connection like on the prescott,
but more importantly to note, the manual is obviously useless
in this scenario.

Xena said:
Dang that really stinks. Don't see why the inserts can't
have the same "plug/play" type connection like on the prescott,
but more importantly to note, the manual is obviously useless
in this scenario.
Yes and i don't understand exactly why its not giving me the right information...

Clay I contacted St Croix and a Rep got back to me
with the info below. Hope this helps but if it doesn't
please pm me.

Michele thanks for the email. I do monitor the posts from time to time but I don't have
the ability to log on at work. If you would like to be the contact here that would be great.

I went through all the post and he has the older style analog control board, he will have
to hook the wires up to the terminal block on the back of the control board itself in the
upper left corner if your facing the back of the board. There should be a small black
jumper jumper covering the top 2 pins above the terminal block on back of the control board.
This needs to be removed to operate the stove on all six heat settings. The thermostat
however will not shut the unit down or light it, it will only go to what ever heat setting
the board is on when calling for heat or drop to the number one setting when its not calling for heat.

Xena said:
Clay I contacted St Croix and a Rep got back to me
with the info below. Hope this helps but if it doesn't
please pm me.

Michele thanks for the email. I do monitor the posts from time to time but I don't have
the ability to log on at work. If you would like to be the contact here that would be great.

I went through all the post and he has the older style analog control board, he will have
to hook the wires up to the terminal block on the back of the control board itself in the
upper left corner if your facing the back of the board. There should be a small black
jumper jumper covering the top 2 pins above the terminal block on back of the control board.
This needs to be removed to operate the stove on all six heat settings. The thermostat
however will not shut the unit down or light it, it will only go to what ever heat setting
the board is on when calling for heat or drop to the number one setting when its not calling for heat.
Your fuggin kidding me?

Anyone want to buy a skyteck wireless thermostat for $108.00

Hey can you ask him what it would cost for an upgraded circuit board? If its not too much, i guess it would be better than eating this Skyteck.

Clay that is what he said word for word but...

If I put my Skytech in Thermo mode and set the
temp higher than what the temp is already in my
house, the stove does turn on the same as if I pushed the on button.
My stove is also 5 yrs old so the circuitry must be similar to yours.

If it were mine I'd try it to see what happens but that's just me...
Just have to remove the black jumper he mentioned, and
connect the tstat wires to those two brass screws.

Xena said:
Clay that is what he said word for word but...

If I put my Skytech in Thermo mode and set the
temp higher than what the temp is already in my
house, the stove does turn on the same as if I pushed the on button.
My stove is also 5 yrs old so the circuitry must be similar to yours.

If it were mine I'd try it to see what happens but that's just me...
Just have to remove the black jumper he mentioned, and
connect the tstat wires to those two brass screws.
Okay I will try it and see, I don't have much choice, the boy did his chors for once without being told and took the garbage out so the package is in the burn barrel inthe form of ashes...lol.
My stove is 5 years old...or maybe 4 actually cant remember what year i bought it and the following year, i had the board replaced under warranty so its maybe only 3 years old.

Okay, hooked it up, followed the instructions to learn the code between the transmitter and reciever and nothing happened?? Turned the power switch on the stove to on and the thermostate won't turn it off. Is that what you have to do or do I need to leave the power switch off? I would assume the power switch needs to be on and the reciever overrides the power to the fans and auger?
Any help would be much appreciated!

What good is a T-Stat when you dont have a igniter!!!.......gel for me, fire it up and let it burn straight for a week, gets too hot?, turn it down on low!

Pellet-King said:
What good is a T-Stat when you dont have a igniter!!!.......gel for me, fire it up and let it burn straight for a week, gets too hot?, turn it down on low!
I do have an igniter.

Okay i played with it somemore and it seems to be operating just like the rep said, with the thermostat on i placed the stove in mode 6 so i could hear the high speed fan kick up, it did. Then i turned the thermo off and the stove fan dropped back like i had turned it down on low but it didn't go off, maybe i'll let it run and see if maybe thats just the cool down cycle keeping it going but maybe the auger will stop feeding.
i'll report back.

Pellet-King said:
I have never had to manually light this stove, its automatic. And yes, it would be real easy to go back to the old way of burning it but the point is i bought a 108 dollar thermo and i would like to make it usefull.

Xena, can you email that rep again and give him my number, i'll pm you.

Status
Not open for further replies.