Wood by the Truck Load

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunks

Oct 27, 2009
Ulster Cty, NY
Has anyone ordered logs by the truck load in the Hudson Valley, NY area? Who did you order it from? How much did it cost? How many full cord of wood did you get from a truck load?

Gunks said:
Has anyone ordered logs by the truck load in the Hudson Valley, NY area? Who did you order it from? How much did it cost? How many full cord of wood did you get from a truck load?

Not sure exactly where you are in the hudson valley, i'm north of albany, I found a guy who covers bennington,vt to exit 10 on the northway. He advertises 1 1/2 - 2 cords at a time of log length for 160/load. My first load was about 1 2/3 of a cord, second load isn't done yet, but prob about the same. I haven't tried bigger loads, but if you do please let me know how it goes.

I talked to but never bought from a guy in Dutchess County. Al's Logging. He was going to sell me Log length on my truck for $70/cord. I'll pm his number of you want.

I have spoken to a couple of logging guys who charge about 600 bucks a tri-axle load of logs. Green wood,and will yield approx. 6 to 7 cord.

Status
Not open for further replies.