Wood ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JJEGLBS

Oct 15, 2008
Illinois
Can I get an ID on these. I think there are 3 different kinds of trees. Thanks.

20090528001.jpg

I see silver maple in there and the pieces with the whitish bark look to me as either white oak or a swamp white oak.

I think I see White Oak, some Black Cherry in the background, maybe a Red Oak or some sort of maple on the left side - bark looks good for Red Oak, but I am not sure the wood is the right color. If you can show us individual pieces at least we could all comment on the same wood. I'm not sure that would lead to a consensus any sooner, but it would help everyone disagree more precisely.

WANDERING NAMELESSLEE said:
Jags said:
Oak..Oak and....Oak.

YEP, YEP, AND YEP and a couple pieces of ash!

and a sweet piece of ash it is. <wink wink>

I think that round one there might be oak

Looks like Oak to me too. That white colored flakey barked round could be Ironwood, but also looks a lot like White Oak?

Status
Not open for further replies.