Wood length in stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

windowmaker2

Sep 6, 2014
ohio
My question is how long should the wood be in the stove? I have an old Lakewood Cottager with no info to be found. So if I measure the fire brick to the inside of the door it is @24" from what I can remember. I am thinking I should be @18" for proper air flow around the wood and enough space by the air inlets not to clog with ash. I only had @ 6 fires last year out in the barn due to a 1 and 3 year old and a wife wanting upgrades to the house. My plan is a lot more fires this year to truly learn this stove but than again she may have a honey due list I don't know about yet other than the kitchen floor we have talked about. Thanks for any info. Jeff

Yes Begreen there is a baffle just as you said. After reading that link it sounds like I did things right last year. Should be even better thus year with 12-18 month old wood. Thank you sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.