woodpile looks like S..T!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would bun that nasty looking woodpile up this year, and even if the one looks pretty next year, I would burn that one too!

hardwood715 said:
Dirftwood-still can't get over your post, woodpile fire, man I woulda been pissed! I'll tell ya, I am glad I made this post cause I was really wondering what the heck was wrong, no sun etc, its on a south side, but I think sun gets to wood.Gonna restack, modify pallets underneath, and burn the blackwood like coal!

One night the window shade was bright orange a midnight ?? A car fire was burning inside the neighbors garage. I looked out to see 15 foot flames out the windows of his attached garage. My wood pile parallel and 15 feet from the side of his raging inferno!! 7 full cord cut stacked and three years old. It was winter some snow on every thing and cold, with the fire fighters there fast as we were moving cars away. I was never so glad to see a Fire Chief and his Company as that night. Watching chain saws cutting through a roof to vent smoke and heat is a sight I will not forget.

Dylan said:
DriftWood said:
I was never so glad to see a Fire Chief and his Company as that night. Watching chain saws cutting through a roof to vent smoke and heat is a sight I will not forget.

Sounds as tho your fire department is due for an upgrade in their roof saws.

I think the money was spent on a new tanker, and haz-mat stuff, this area is a busy northern border crossing across from Chemical Valley in Sarnia Ont. with lots of tanker trucks coming and going across the bridges.

I’ve built a bunch of racks using brackets and 2x4’s. Keeps the wood off the ground is is 8’ wide; just right size for a black tarp. Not as cheap as using pallets but higher off the ground an looks a tad better.

Cool! Now thats an idea! Uniformity too! Looks like they would make a great wood fence, Again my neighbor would ask me if I had a building permit!

Diftwood, I think you need to take out an insurance policy on your firewood!

It doesn't look to bad to me.

Steve I just read your post about your neighbor complaining. YOu need an old junk car and some cinderblocks. Then she'll quit complaining about the wood!

A couple of junk lawn mowers and some trash and a few old truck battries laying around would finish it off nicely.

Young fellers:

What's the rant about burning bad looking wood? All you want is that it fit in your stove and is dry. Yur not going to eat it, yur gonna burn it. There's a difference. Ask Martha Stewart.

When they burn me, and they're gonna, I wanna be dry, stiff and look bad (read: real bad, real stiff) just like the wood I burn. Like I've done everything at least twice... (and, I'm workin' on it).

I don't want folks to say "He looks too good. He shouldn't be dead." I want'um to say "He looks bad. He should be dead."

So, if yur woods dead, stiff and dry - burn it. If it's alive and green, it's not ready to burn.

If it's good enough for me, it's gotta be OK for the wood.

Aye,
Marty

Grandma used to say: "Don't worry. Be happy."

Dylan said:
Marty S said:
When they burn me, and they're gonna, I wanna be dry....

Marty,

I'm not sure, but there MIGHT be REGULATIONS that are gonna DECIDE that for you....Go figure, eh??

With his last gasp, Marty S. is going to dive into his big masonary heater, with it ticking along at 2000 degrees, yelling "Grandpa always said...". POOF.

Status
Not open for further replies.