Woodstock new stove pictures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Den said:
Heheh. Easy, George. The new stove will be large for a Woodstock, but not jumb0. The BKK is still going to be ~ 50% larger. Hard to compete with that for the heavyweight title. . .even if the Woody is heavier.

And that was my toned-down response--I can't help being an Excitable Boy. (SLAP!!! "Settle down, Bevis!")

So maybe it'll be more of a competitor for the Princess. Either way, it sounds like a new, exciting mix of features in the large stove category. Even if it isn't superior in all categories, or the best stove for everyone, or even for me, well executed alternatives benefit the market and the consumer. Yay. Update the blog.

Yeah, 50% larger fire box than the Fireview would put it close to 3 cu ft. I think if they went any bigger it would have to exhaust 8" pipe. Keeping it at 6" would be better price wise.

It will be a few years before the wife will let me have one since we just bought the Keystone but by then they should have all the kinks out.

As I recall from discussion during my visit, they have not plans to exceed 3 cuft (there is some technical/marketing/other artificial classification reason for this).

On the bright side for me, it got really cold here last night. This morning I had the FV pushing out as much heat as it could (pushing at the 600* mark WITH flames in the box) for much of the morning to get the house warming up - gave me a chance to point out to the DW how the new stove would be really well suited for this early morning "heat up the house quickly" duty... I didn't get a complete negative response, but she didn't say to order one yet either....

Slow1 said:
As I recall from discussion during my visit, they have not plans to exceed 3 cuft (there is some technical/marketing/other artificial classification reason for this).

Could it be that government regulations (EPA or otherwise) require a 8" flue for fireboxes larger than 3 cuft? I do not know that, but wonder...

Slow1 said:

On the bright side for me, it got really cold here last night. This morning I had the FV pushing out as much heat as it could (pushing at the 600* mark WITH flames in the box) for much of the morning to get the house warming up - gave me a chance to point out to the DW how the new stove would be really well suited for this early morning "heat up the house quickly" duty... I didn't get a complete negative response, but she didn't say to order one yet either....

Don't worry too much Slow. I saw her smiling when she was looking at that new stove!

Backwoods Savage said:
Slow1 said:

Don't worry too much Slow. I saw her smiling when she was looking at that new stove!

Well, her reaction to the pictures/rendering of the new stove was less enthusiastic. She rather likes the Victorian look of the FV - although the larger glass is nice she said that it is "too functional" looking - missing the peak in the middle that is on the FV design. I can see her point - all the square lines do make it look a bit industrial and less unique. I'm drawn to the functional - she has other 'needs.'

I'm sure once the final touches are done the new stove will look much better than that picture.

Wish they had the dimensions available. But I know that the side loading is gonna forever keep me from having one of those good looking puppies.

I like that base. No more dust bunnies under the stove to clean up! They can stay around the outside edge where they are more easily captured.

Now I hope this doesn't change the hearth requirements (i.e. I hope it is well shielded/insulated).

BrotherBart said:
Wish they had the dimensions available. But I know that the side loading is gonna forever keep me from having one of those good looking puppies.

BB, here's some info from Aug. 26th on the blog....

"We aren't quite ready to show an illustration of the larger stove, but we can say that it will be approximately 32"H x 30"W x 22"D. The design plan is for the same 8-sided configuration as the Fireview, but with a decidedly more contemporary look for the castings. The firebox will be almost 50% bigger than the Fireview."

Wow . . . I really like that look . . . pretty close to being my idea of a perfect stove.

firefighterjake said:
Wow . . . I really like that look . . . pretty close to being my idea of a perfect stove.

It would be perfect if it had the clearances of a Hearthstone stove. I am REALLY hoping for that. Long term I would put the Heritage where the Vigilant is located and buy the new Woodstock and place it where the Heritage is located now.

BrowningBAR said:
firefighterjake said:

It would be perfect if it had the clearances of a Hearthstone stove. I am REALLY hoping for that. Long term I would put the Heritage where the Vigilant is located and buy the new Woodstock and place it where the Heritage is located now.

Well . . . that and add in the convenience of a door that opens in the front for easier cleaning. ;)

firefighterjake said:
BrowningBAR said:
firefighterjake said:

Well . . . that and add in the convenience of a door that opens in the front for easier cleaning. ;)

Give me the minimized clearances over a front door!

I'll be keeping an eye on this stove for a home that we plan on building in the next year or two. I may be a bit reluctant to buy the first model year though.

Needshave said:
I'll be keeping an eye on this stove for a home that we plan on building in the next year or two. I may be a bit reluctant to buy the first model year though.

You do bring up a good point in general. On most products, particularly those that are complex and/or introducing new technologies the advisable 'risk adverse' thing to do is wait and allow others (early adopters?) take the lead and shake out any remaining issues.

I wonder if there are any folks around here who would remember when Woodstock came out with their last stoves - how did it go then? Were there any issues or such? I.e. how is their history when it comes to product launches?

From my point of view I'm really not overly concerned about taking the first model - in fact I'd be willing to compete to get the first one off the assembly line assuming I can get the rest of my ducks in line to get it in my house. The reason for this is simply the trust that Woodstock (the company) has built up through a history of excellent customer service and general old fashioned customer first philosophy. Their history and the culture of the company suggests that not only is it very likely to be a solidly build stove, but they will stand behind it completely.

Anyway, no product or company is perfect so there may be glitches here and there, but at least I'm willing to bet the cost and hassle of installing a new stove that Woodstock is one company that will 'make it right' whatever happens with this new stove.

Slow1 said:
I'd be willing to compete to get the first one off the assembly line assuming I can get the rest of my ducks in line to get it in my house. The reason for this is simply the trust that Woodstock (the company) has built up through a history of excellent customer service and general old fashioned customer first philosophy.

That, my friend, is called enlightened self-interest. :coolsmile:

Good post Slow1.

I too would not hesitate being the very first customer for that new stove and I also trust the company. One only has to look at the Classic line. Their early stoves were excellent and while they have made improvements over the years, it is still a great stove. I think this new stove has had a lot of extra time in R & D so that they have the bugs worked out of it. Will they continue to make improvements? I would certainly hope so. All products can be improved but we also must remember that everyone can not be satisfied with only one product. It will please some while leaving others wanting for more. That, of course, is the advantage of having more than one line of products. I think this new stove will be a wonderful addition to their line but still expect to see more in the future.

Todd said:
Woodstock says they are experimenting with a couple different ideas regarding air control (aka thermostat) and should post it soon.

Todd: We're counting on you to notify us within 1 ms of when Woodstock posts their update!

fire_man said:
Todd said:
Woodstock says they are experimenting with a couple different ideas regarding air control (aka thermostat) and should post it soon.

Todd: We're counting on you to notify us within 1 ms of when Woodstock posts their update!

I'll try, but I won't be around for the next few days so might miss something. Just keep checking their blog.

Backwoods Savage said:
Good post Slow1.

I too would not hesitate being the very first customer for that new stove and I also trust the company. One only has to look at the Classic line. Their early stoves were excellent and while they have made improvements over the years, it is still a great stove. I think this new stove has had a lot of extra time in R & D so that they have the bugs worked out of it. Will they continue to make improvements? I would certainly hope so. All products can be improved but we also must remember that everyone can not be satisfied with only one product. It will please some while leaving others wanting for more. That, of course, is the advantage of having more than one line of products. I think this new stove will be a wonderful addition to their line but still expect to see more in the future.

. . . and let's not forget about that 6-month money back guaranteed offer . . . it seems to me that in 6 months time if someone found that they didn't like this stove for whatever reason they could return it with no questions asked . . . that said . . . I suspect the folks at Woodstock are taking their time to make sure there are zero issues with this stove before they sell it to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.