Woodstock Open House

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

remkel

Minister of Fire
Jan 21, 2010
Southwest NH
Does anyone have any hints about the "new stove"? They seem to be a bit more secretive on this one then they were with the Progress.

When I was there over the summer, they had mentioned building a no frills middle of the line stove, affordable , yet still having the Woodstock quality. What ever they are building will be interesting and worth waiting for, that's for sure. I think they enjoy surprising people with their new stoves. This time it will be like waiting for a Christmas present ;).

Reactions: mfglickman
A naked(no stone) PH would peak(edit pique)my interests! ;lol

A naked(no stone) PH would peak my interests!
I'm hoping for a cat only Progress as a distant future purchase.

It wouldn't be too hard to wrap something different around the PH fire box that has already been tested. Maybe steel or cast iron.

If I decide to go this year at least I have a new stove that can hold a fire for a couple days while I'm gone. Oh wait they may hang me for high treason if I showed up. ;lol

They are most likely secretive about it as they are entering it into that Next Generation Stove Design Challenge.

Nothing like a good competition to bring out the best.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
It wouldn't be too hard to wrap something different around the PH fire box that has already been tested. Maybe steel or cast iron.

If I decide to go this year at least I have a new stove that can hold a fire for a couple days while I'm gone. Oh wait they may hang me for high treason if I showed up. ;lol

BK Owners wll only be served leftovers from the plates of WS owners at this open house.:p

Ok lets be honest here the people at Woodstock from all I have read are some of the nicest people and service is some of the best out there.

Plus what can you say for the guys trying to lead the way in technology. I stand up and give them the upmost respect.

Ok lets be honest here the people at Woodstock from all I have read are some of the nicest people and service is some of the best out there.

Plus what can you say for the guys trying to lead the way in technology. I stand up and give them the upmost respect.
No one here has ever said otherwise.

Glad we can count you in as a Woodstock supporter :)

Hope they send you a T-shirt...........

BK Owners wll only be served leftovers from the plates of WS owners at this open house.:p

Man I would hate to know what they would do to me :( LOL! I would so love to be able to come to this especially after recommending the Keystone to a couple of different friends of mine. I have to say from the one Keystone I helped my friend install the stoves seem very nice and my friend was very happy with his last year.

Been thinking of turning in this one year old technology in the Jotul for a new Woodstock.......:) (Hopefully the wife is not monitoring this)

Been thinking of turning in this one year old technology in the Jotul for a new Woodstock.......:) (Hopefully the wife is not monitoring this)
You like to mix things up every year. I can relate. ;lol

Reactions: remkel

Remkel, quit stuttering.

Reactions: remkel
Ok, she is on another forum.

You like to mix things up every year. I can relate. ;lol

Would like to mix things up, but now that the Jotul is finally right, I plan on running this until the legs fall off it!

November or December . . . tough time of year to get wood burners to make a long trek I would think . . . dealing with the holidays and all that entails (parties, get-togethers, etc.) . . . concerns over the traveling weather . . . not to mention folks traveling further away may be reluctant to leave their woodstoves. I'm afraid I would have to count myself out simply because I'm too cheap to get a motel room and would want to camp out . . . and yet I am not tough enough to do cold weather camping. ;)

Reactions: mfglickman
Status
Not open for further replies.