WS Classic "rebuilt" before storage - CL funny

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That might be the early pre cat model. Still not worth $800 IMO.

I don't know for sure but looking at the view of the back exhaust plate it doesn't look like the cat model where there is a bypass lever.

I wish I could find something like this around here where I could tinker and rebuild.

Rebuilt/Gutted..... you're splitting hairs;)

Probably a typo - they meant "de-built" not "re-built"!
I got a similar de-built Fireview a few years back for $100 - figured the soapstone alone was worth it. But I don't see how it's worth much more than $300, if that.

Looks like a pre EPA Classic. 5" flue exit, as Todd noted no bypass near the flue collar. Good ol' stone box to fill with wood. Where's Ron? He probably built it way back when.

I'm simply amazed that anyone would ask that price! I probably would not even consider anything over $200. Just looking at the outside of the stove you can tell it has not been taken very good care.

Status
Not open for further replies.