WWED? (What Would Elk Do)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BrotherBart said:
I had the double barrel stove. When I moved it out of the basement I put racks in the top barrel and smoked ribs that were to die for.

I still have a brand new door, flue collar and leg kit on a shelf in the garage. I laughed the other day at Tractor Supply when I saw that VZ now sells 55 gallon drums too. $69 bucks for a barrel!

Oh, I stand corrected, it was at the Tractor Supply Co I seen em. LOL, yeap same exact thang, still for sale. I almost bought a barrel for a burn barrel, but got 2 free elsewhere. $69.00 is a lil steep for an empty barrel LOL.

Don't knock those old dead water heaters - I made a BBQ out of our old gas water heater, works great and will feed a big crowd....

I wouldn't want to heat with one, but it works for cooking...

Gooserider

BrotherBart said:
I had the double barrel stove. When I moved it out of the basement I put racks in the top barrel and smoked ribs that were to die for.

I still have a brand new door, flue collar and leg kit on a shelf in the garage. I laughed the other day at Tractor Supply when I saw that VZ now sells 55 gallon drums too. $69 bucks for a barrel!

I was just going to post about the TSC barrels for sale , I was BS-n with the store manager as i normally do on Thursday and i asked about the 55 gallon barrels and why so much and what they were used for ............He said "the barrel stove kits" , "Why so special" i asked .........He said "because they were not painted." O' , Well now and can understand the extra money they are going for. :bug:

Roospike said:
BrotherBart said:

I was just going to post about the TSC barrels for sale , I was BS-n with the store manager as i normally do on Thursday and i asked about the 55 gallon barrels and why so much and what they were used for ............He said "the barrel stove kits" , "Why so special" i asked .........He said "because they were not painted." O' , Well now and can understand the extra money they are going for. :bug:

I'll take a painted one for $5.00 :)

Elk Writes:
the way post are going recently, I’m not going to comment. I have nothing constructive to add ,and If you were trying to bait me into something it did not work

Elk, I sincerely apologize if you took this to mean I was trying to bait you. Really, I thought of that WWED tag line and saw the article and thought it would be a cute thread to lighten the mood here. Absolutely no malicious thoughts entered my mind. Again, I really respect yours and the other opinions I encounter in the forum.

All in peace and good will.

Chris

All in peace and good will.
= Sincerity

And soft cuddly little puppy dogs. Please, don’t forget the soft cuddly little puppy dogs… gag
. = Cynicism

Have a great day Mike.

Its just the tone post have taken recently, that I am weighing what to respond to. It used to be ok to make funny remarks, but recently they are being miss interpeted

I was not all that offended by title. I figured if I did not comment I added no fuel/ wood to the fire

Harley said:
Craig and Wrench:

Hope you don't think my post before was meant to be insultulting in any way - just thought the wording seemed funny to me.

Takes a heck of a lot more than that to insult me...I'm from NJ!

The funny thing is that while my friends were reading playboy and hustler, I was reading Mother Earth News. In other words, that ( a homemade stove and a cabin) - and not a playmate - was my teenage dream. Pretty sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.