You Know You Are A Real Wood Burner If...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for nothing, but 'log in the toilet' had me rolling at my desk....bravo!

When you get pissed at you retired daddy because he have all that time off and he is doing all of your wood before you, so you chainsaw have to sleep in the garage for one more season !!!! Ok, my dad is really gold to me .... But I sure sometime miss doing my own wood. But hey, if it all it takes to make my old man happy !! And in a decade or two, I guess I will be the on doing is wood .

Guilty!

Reactions: Fi-Q
...If you take a walk with your kids around the neighborhood just so you can see how much wood your woodburning neighbor has burned so far this season and compare...

Reactions: ScotO
Been there!

But I'll add, "... and after said helper cuts off his finger before lunch, you spend four hours in the ER planning how you're going to split the last three cords when you get home that evening."

Isn't it scary watching some of them swing that maul.

Or when your sunroom turns into a woodshed / walk in beer fridge.

I havent been able to pull that one off yet. You must have either a very understanding wife or you did something very special for her.

She doesn't say much if she's toasty warm.

Now I know the trick for seasoning wood quickly, Wood Pickeled In Brew! Man I love this site I always learn something

Hmmmm.....nope, I'll save my beer for drinking! Or.... Oak infused ale. Could work!

It's the new craze instead of oak barrel aged beer it's black lager aged oak ! Smells good and you can put the ashes in water an drink the beer afterwords !

Pete

Reactions: ScotO
If you begin to think that your 7 year old is getting too old to learn to "properly" stack wood.

Your wife says it's time to trim the Christmas tree, and you go in search of your axe.

Reactions: Scols
When the wife wants to go Christmas Tree shopping, you take your Husqvarna T435 to do the cutting, 'cuz it's "just a little saw."

Reactions: Scols
You sit in front of our stove looking out the window at all the snow wondering how you ever got by without firewood.

Pete

You're not looking for aluminium cans anymore. Just was that red oak? or wow I think that was black locust with no bark.

Status
Not open for further replies.