Your stove and your dog(s)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Our mastiff foster has found his favorite napping spot to be right in front of the stove.

Attachments

• PXL_20201128_134911109.jpg
    PXL_20201128_134911109.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 182
Absolutely loves people and especially kids.

Its a great quality of the breed and what makes them great family dogs despite their size. Its rare to see one in a shelter. Here is Gordon with my 5 and 3 year old! Bonus view of some of my wood stash ::-)

20201030_083316~2.jpg

Reactions: avsmusic1 and MMH
Here’s my daughter’s first Xmas with my previous two mastiffs. Angus passed in the summer of 2014 and Izzy passed in the summer of 2018. Love the giant breeds. Sorry for the lack of stove in the pic.

AD6FEC1D-F38E-43EA-81BD-167E12C99DAF.png

Reactions: MMH
We had a Thanksgiving surprise today... a feral cat that had been living somewhere nearby got hit by a car a few days ago. Turns out she left us a package in a brush pile...

View attachment 267791

Well, when you need to dry out wet cold kittens, it's good to have a wood stove!

View attachment 267790

(I am holding 6 cats with one hand there.)

In other news, they are tremendously cute, but bottle feeding them every 3 hours is less so....

Adorable!

Still waiting on the stove but here is Maggie patiently(as patient as she gets) waiting on it, she's our 1.5 year Lab/Weimaraner mix.

1606750934621.png

Last edited by a moderator:
We wanted a centerpiece in the room, I will post some pictures on the build thread as you come down the stairs. Its a large open room, 30' X 30'. It is going to be a on going build we are wanting to turn the whole room into a "cozy cabin" we are planning on adding log cabin siding, stone and timber columns. We are putting a Manchester on it so I think it will look more proportional once it is in.

Reactions: Gearhead660
Here is a pic of Minna, GSD/husky mix siting in front of the BK.

IMG_20181227_084836078.jpg

The brown dog has always liked the stove... but she has been muscled out by the kittens (who she fears to make eye contact with) this year.

Here she is by the kitten jungle gym, enjoying a brief kitten-free moment.

The brown dog has always liked the stove... but she has been muscled out by the kittens (who she fears to make eye contact with) this year.

Here she is by the kitten jungle gym, enjoying a brief kitten-free moment. . . in the middle of a blizzard.

I fixed your quote.

P.S. Maybe it's me, but I don't see any photo which is sad since I enjoy photos of pets and woodstoves.

Reactions: Alpine1
Here's Ruger - my Golden Retriever puppy - age 14 weeks. He's contained in a puppy playpen because he's wild and it's the only time we can take our eyes off of him! He likes the stove and plenty of toys.

Attachments

• Dog.jpeg
    Dog.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 133