1.5 million posts will be hit soon - what type of celebration?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
Hmm, like my car speedometer, I can't let such a moment pass without watching it.

Hopefully someone else will and let me know which posts bring us over the top.....I promise not to delete any during that fine milestone......

1.5 million. Wow. Maybe the place is worth $1 a post? Nah.....many are worthless and many are priceless.

Reactions: n3pro
Ok, cleaned this thread up again and will play some nostalgia until the big day rolls around.....

BUT,
There is another big day likely to roll around soon. Hearth.com will celebrate it's 18th Birthday on Oct 20. Imagine that. That makes us much older than craigslist and google, close to ebay...but Bezos (Amazon) and other got the jump on us. Apple registered their in 1987, Microsoft in 1991.

Hearth.com
Record created on 20-Oct-1995.

Google.com
Created on..............: 1997-09-15

Amazon.com
Record created on 01-Nov-1994

ebay.com
Created on..............: 1995-08-03

craigslist.com
Record created on 24-Sep-1997

Here is a pic and a link to the first hearth.com page saved by the internet archive!
http://web.archive.org/web/19961105192651/https://www.hearth.com/
Screen Shot 2013-10-05 at 7.06.45 PM.png

That's an impressive track record and a big leap of faith at the beginning. In 1985 all I had was a 300baud modem. I didn't want anything but text coming over that skinny pipeline. It was strictly BBS. When I went up to a 1200 baud modem they were warning us to fasten our seatbelts! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.