11 cubic feet wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Is he still even flying? How old is that?

I guess there is a sales pitch for all types....

No idea. Website looks less than stellar... Stumbled upon it from a thread about a 2 years ago.

He makes some pretty interesting claims.
39984955-1A87-4956-8042-99F195EEA4C6.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just in the town where these are manufactured last sat. Never heard of them. I wonder how there EPA compliance testing went;lol

Reactions: Chip D and bholler
I'm on the other side of Iowa. If they were closer I'd go check them out for fun. Doubt they are in production anymore. This ain't the 70s.

I made one like that out of an old oil tank. Not something i would use in my house. Possibly in a barn or large garage. How many CU Ft is the inside of a 275 Gal oil tank ,a lot more than 11 .

I suppose it's better than the 55gal barrel kits that way too many people are using.

I'm on the other side of Iowa. If they were closer I'd go check them out for fun. Doubt they are in production anymore. This ain't the 70s.
There are lots of places still making unlisted stoves for sale

Reactions: Ashful
I suppose it's better than the 55gal barrel kits that way too many people are using.
They work quite well in the right setting ,i used one in a basement with a dirt floor. Never overfired. I found you have to replace the barrels about every 2 to 3 years. Actually safer than those china Boxwood stoves sold at TSC.

They work quite well in the right setting ,i used one in a basement with a dirt floor. Never overfired. I found you have to replace the barrels about every 2 to 3 years. Actually safer than those china Boxwood stoves sold at TSC.
Yes safer than the boxwoods but thats not saying much. I wouldnt burn either in my house

Reactions: Seasoned Oak
If you look at a Vermont Elm stove you will see what happens when someone starts with a 55 gallon drum stove and makes it into a real stove. ;)

I like how in the special notes he says that his stove has no firebricks and that stoves with firebricks need the bricks to be changed yearly.......I guess I better get some firebrick because I have been using the same bricks for 8 years now!

Reactions: Ashful and bholler
I like how in the special notes he says that his stove has no firebricks and that stoves with firebricks need the bricks to be changed yearly.......I guess I better get some firebrick because I have been using the same bricks for 8 years now!
People reporting getting 20 to 30 yrs out of them.

People reporting getting 20 to 30 yrs out of them.
I don’t doubt it. It’s similar to all the big wood hog furnaces that are out there. I pulled a 36 year old furnace out of this house when I bought it.

If you look at a Vermont Elm stove you will see what happens when someone starts with a 55 gallon drum stove and makes it into a real stove. ;)

Had never heard of that stove before. Interestingly enough - they made one with a Cat...

Also, what the hell is going on in this picture!?

upload_2018-10-5_14-7-56.png

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, we're going on season 10!

Also says heats the largest three story farm house there is, let's see if it heats ashful's barn.

Reactions: Ashful
Also says heats the largest three story farm house there is, let's see if it heats ashful's barn.
My place is nothing. But my great-great uncles house, which is 3 full stories and was legitimately a "farm" when he owned it, is another story:

IMG_7279.JPG

I don't see any wood furnace heating it, unless fed by treadmill.
Had never heard of that stove before. Interestingly enough - they made one with a Cat...

Also, what the hell is going on in this picture!?

View attachment 230304
I don't know, but I truly love it.

Last edited:
My place is nothing. But my great-great uncles house, which is 3 full stories and was legitimately a "farm" when he owned it, it another story:

View attachment 230313

I don't see any wood furnace heating it, unless fed by treadmill.

I don't know, but I truly love it.
I dont know that it would heat well but i agree i love it as well