18 inch bar for a Husqvarna 235e

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mach1john

Nov 11, 2010
eastern maine
Can somebody direct me to an 18 inch bar for a Husqvarna 235e? I need a new bar and I am replacing a 16 inch bar so I would like to go up if possible.

More bar length is more teeth in the wood, more friction aound the bar, more work for the engine.

I'm not saying you shouldn't do it (I have an 18" bar on my tiny 30cc limbing saw because I don't need much power for that and I really like the added reach), but bear in mind that you do pay for the extra length.

Can somebody direct me to an 18 inch bar for a Husqvarna 235e? I need a new bar and I am replacing a 16 inch bar so I would like to go up if possible.

An 18" bar on a consumer saw rated by the manufacturer at 1.75 hp? <>

No, don't do it.