1970's Ashley insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

miss tt

Aug 14, 2022
se ok
I would like to find the model to this insert. There is no identification numbers on it. Someone thought it might be an Ashley. It appears it was original to the 1972 house. Im trying to find the adapter that fits over the exhaust holes.

insert door open.jpeg insert front.jpeg insert back.jpeg

Reactions: D. Hermit
It will need to be a custom fabricated boot
there are boots for sale online but they are for one opening. I found a metal fabricator who can make the boot. Would you happen to know how it should be designed? two separate boots? the 2 opening condensed to one? what size flue liner?

there are boots for sale online but they are for one opening. I found a metal fabricator who can make the boot. Would you happen to know how it should be designed? two separate boots? the 2 opening condensed to one? what size flue liner?
Both openings need to be merged together to mate with a liner with equal volume to the 2 openings combined