1977 newmac wood/oil combination

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Amg_520

Feb 1, 2018
I just bought a cl 140b furnace to hear my shop with. I am in the process of cleaning and making sure evening looks to be in good shape. Im hoping to get it operable by winter next year. A couple questions I have so far is I removed the oil burner plate and the gasket material feel apart. It is a full gasket minus the view port and a hole where the burner slids through. What do I replace this with? Also the combustion chamber liner is soft and mushy. It still has good form but soft is this ok?

It didn't come with the oil burner but calls for a carlin 100crd but I don't know what length I need for the burner. Does the burner just barely go into the chamber or more to the middle.

I think that's all I have for now but once I get everything together I am sure I will need some assistance with the wiring but I have a manual so that well help me out.

Thanks for your time and input

I cannot find anything showing a carlin burner for this. I did see Beckett or aero burners. Looks like 9" air tube with 7-7/8 insertion. You can get a new burner flange gasket at almost any place that sells burner parts. You will need a new flange to fit a Beckett. I assume a 9" tube on the 100 crd would be ok but can't seem to find anything on it for your boiler. If you have a ceramic fiber fire chamber they are a little soft which is normal. Hopefully this helps.

Thanks for the reply after more research I believe they used to use carlin. newer models use aero or beckett. I have come acrossa home my company is demoing and it has a fairly new beckett burner I hope to be able to use. I am going to remove it and have a service tech make sure it is good to use and properly install

Thanks for the reply after more research I believe they used to use carlin. newer models use aero or beckett. I have come acrossa home my company is demoing and it has a fairly new beckett burner I hope to be able to use. I am going to remove it and have a service tech make sure it is good to use and properly install

Should be fine. Can find 9" tubes pretty easy online.