1st month with wood stove $avings..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MontanaBob

Dec 5, 2008
Western Montana
Today marks one month since we installed an Englander 13 into our 1500 sf ranch. This also coincided with an usually very cold December in Montana - including 10 days that never got above 0. In this time period we went through 40 gallons of LP. Without the stove we would have easily gone through 125 gallons +. A savings of close to $200. What surprised me was we only burned about 1/3 cord of pine. The slivers, stove bites and the eye rolls from the wife when I'm on hearth.com are worth it!

Right on Bob. I find if you tell your stove to sit before you feed it, you will get less bites. Those englanders can be pretty jumpy though. As for the stares from the wife. Ive had those since my Join date on the Hearth also. Give her some of those savings and she may only stare ya down with one eye. ;-) Cheers and congrats on your success N of 60

My girl also thinks i'm nuts for using this site as well. She really likes the fires though!!

My girl doesn't roll her eyes and is generally very supportive of my wood burning obsession. Thank goodness. She loves that the room with the stove gets warmer than she's used to. She hates the cold.

Congrats on the savings - you'll find there is nothing like using your gas bill as kindling to start the wood fire! Teach your wife how to tend the fire and get her an account on here and you'll be set!

You go Bob...it all adds up.

I'm lucky too- Wife is great fire wood hauler and stove feeder/tender. Must be that good Vermont girl upbringing !
Really- I know that the wife and 91 y/o mother-in-law like to stay warm, and it is a big relief to know that she can keep the house warm
when i'm not around.
Never heard e'm complain that they are 'cold'.

Montana- Looks like you have set the wheels in motion. Now you will be warm, save loads of money....and become an wood addict.
You will not be able to stop yourself- soon you will look at every downed tree and branch, and you will 'just have to have it'. ;-P

Status
Not open for further replies.