2 cord delivered yesterday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

btj1031

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Feb 11, 2008
NH
Even though I'm pretty much set for this winter, I just had 2 cord of green cut split wood delivered so I don't run out at the end of the winter. I know the seasoning time won't be optimal, but if I stack it in the hot sun this week it should be burnable in late March or April - better than nothing I guess. I ran out of wood last March, so I'm hoping that won't happen again. If I don't need it, it will be nice to have 2 cord very dry for the next year.

I paid $175/cord delivered, which I don't think is too bad. Last time I got c/s/d was in spring 2008 and I paid $160. Lots of folks around here seem to ask for $180-$250, with around $200 pretty common. Lowest I saw was $170 on CL, but I went with this guy because I bought from him in 2007 and they were full cords of nice wood. This load is mostly oak and maple. My only complaint is that I will have to re-split almost all the splits so that my Castine will be happy.

I'll post some pics later.

I have a similar, though not as severe, problem with my stuff, concerning resplitting.
Less labor is one way to save money, I guess.

The stuff I already had before this delivery I split myself, and bought in either round or 4-foot length, so I was able to split it right down to size. The reason why I went for the c/s/d this time was that I haven't seen any good offeres for chuncks or 4-footers, and I don't have the time to do it anyway - got a little one on the way in a few weeks. I'm going to stack it as is and re-split in the winter when I have more time and its not 90* out!

I feel that replitting is a good application for a small electric splitter.

That seems like a good price. I paid $180 deliverd for a cord of split in Southern VT. The guy was advertising that he'd deliver within 20 miles. Come to found out, he was actually a neighbor. So we got a load of wood...and probably someone to plow the driveway this winter.

J-Man said:
Even though I'm pretty much set for this winter, I just had 2 cord of green cut split wood delivered so I don't run out at the end of the winter. I know the seasoning time won't be optimal, but if I stack it in the hot sun this week it should be burnable in late March or April - better than nothing I guess. I ran out of wood last March, so I'm hoping that won't happen again. If I don't need it, it will be nice to have 2 cord very dry for the next year.

I paid $175/cord delivered, which I don't think is too bad. Last time I got c/s/d was in spring 2008 and I paid $160. Lots of folks around here seem to ask for $180-$250, with around $200 pretty common. Lowest I saw was $170 on CL, but I went with this guy because I bought from him in 2007 and they were full cords of nice wood. This load is mostly oak and maple. My only complaint is that I will have to re-split almost all the splits so that my Castine will be happy.

I'll post some pics later.

can you send me a PM with his contact info, I have been thinking of getting an extra cord too, I am in Southeast NH

Status
Not open for further replies.