2004 harmon p68

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Comer628

Nov 2, 2017
Md
New to the pellet stove. Im looking at buying a used 2004 harmon p68. Purchasing it for $1000. If everything works. Is this to much. Also. Is there any difference between a 2004 and a new one. Specifications or efficiency. I have looked at the new ones at the dealers. So i do know a little about the specifics on a new one. Thanks

$1000 for a P68 is an excellent price. Now saying that, it may need some parts replaced to make it run like new. Some differences of the older P68's and the newer ones are the control board if different and the esp too. Some of the motors are a little different, but the newer ones should work with your stove. Depending on how hard it was used will determine whether you will have to put additional money into it to make it run at it's peak efficiency.

One difference may be that older stoves may not have auto-light. If that is important to you, then you should find out before buying the used stove.

$1000 for a P68 is an excellent price. Now saying that, it may need some parts replaced to make it run like new. Some differences of the older P68's and the newer ones are the control board if different and the esp too. Some of the motors are a little different, but the newer ones should work with your stove. Depending on how hard it was used will determine whether you will have to put additional money into it to make it run at it's peak efficiency.

Thanks. I got it and everything works. We tested it before i bought it. All the lights came on. Fired right up. Im going to get the pipe now. I just need to connect it to my chimney.

Reactions: bogieb
Once it get to the set temperature the fire will burn completely out. The burn pot is completely empty. Will it automatically start back up once the temperature cools down.

Once it get to the set temperature the fire will burn completely out. The burn pot is completely empty. Will it automatically start back up once the temperature cools down.
YES. It will sense the cooler temps and start the auger to feed and the igniter will light the pellets..same as if you turned it on manually..
usually takes about 10 minutes or more to fill and ignite..

I'm pretty sure all the P68 were auto light. P61 had both auto light or manual.
I didn't know that - I assumed that the P68 controls and evolution would be much the same as the P61/P61a.