2010/2011 heating season wood supply.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

70marlin

Feb 26, 2010
Grass Lake mi
Well its all in the barn. I was hopping to have it more seasoned. maybe next year.

Attachments

• 2010 heating wood.jpg
    2010 heating wood.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 398
70marlin said:
Well its all in the barn. I was hopping to have it more seasoned. maybe next year.

Looks good 70Marlin, how long has your wood been cut,split and stacked before moving it inside?

zap

70marlin said:

Looks good and nice Husaberg!

Nice Marlin,,,,how much ya think ya have there??????? Those are some tall stacks.

zapny said:
70marlin said:

Looks good 70Marlin, how long has your wood been cut,split and stacked before moving it inside?

zap

There are twevle rows eight feet long, fourteen inches wide and about eight feet tall. I'd say right around seven full cords. Most of the wood was split in March and cross stacked on a pallet in April. A large amount of the wood is hickory and oak which is still very wet and heavy. But the other woods cherry, ash, maple, walnut and mix of everything else soft and hard seem dry and ready to burn.

Nice to have the wood inside but I would have left it outside a few more months. That oak will be sopping wet as it is.

CTwoodburner said:
Nice to have the wood inside but I would have left it outside a few more months. That oak will be sopping wet as it is.

In about a month MI will be hitting its rainy season and in my metal pole barn a few hot august days it will hit over a 110 degrees= faster drying for me. I'll open the barn door on a gusty day and it can be like a blast furnace.

70marlin said:
CTwoodburner said:

In about a month MI will be hitting its rainy season and in my metal pole barn a few hot august days it will hit over a 110 degrees= faster drying for me. I'll open the barn door on a gusty day and it can be like a blast furnace.

On the contrary 70marlin, wind will dry that wood much faster than the heat inside the barn. However, you are still to be congratulated as that represents a lot of work. Good luck and we hope it does still burn decent.

Backwoods Savage said:
70marlin said:
CTwoodburner said:

On the contrary 70marlin, wind will dry that wood much faster than the heat inside the barn. However, you are still to be congratulated as that represents a lot of work. Good luck and we hope it does still burn decent.
Thats what I was trying to say, with the barn doors open plus the high heat= maybe a little faster dry time. Thanks on the amount of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.