2014 england stove works model 25 pdvc top auger only turns when i hold down on button

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Nov 26, 2018
Pa
This stove was given to me. It was only used one year. Owner said board needed reprogrammed. Stove has been cleaned top to bottom inside and out. I do a start up and bottom auger turns and pellets light by the ignitor. Shouldn't the top auger be running also? It runs when i hold the on button down. Ive reset the board. I checked the auger by switching wires from bottom auger to the top and vice versa and the top auger functions properly. Ive checked vacuum hoses all are secure clean and no cracking. The vacuum switch i took off the stove and turned stove on thinking i would be able to feel some sort of vacuum but i feel nothing only a clicking noise it i turn it upside down and back up right. Only thing i found from reading wiring diagram was the wires to the safety switch were backwards. But that hasn't helped the auger problem. Will this auger start running when it reaches a certain temp or should it be running when i first start it up? I did change the settings to 3-5-1 ... i get no error codes. Just a U at the beginning which i think starts for start up. I'm a woman and trying my best here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

To explain it better,the amount of time the top auger runs depends on the heat setting.It supplies the pellets to the lower auger.

The vacuum is very slight,sometimes hard to tell with a finger.I have never seen a vacuum switch make noise when turning it over.

Yes the bottom auger runs constantly. How long do you think it should take for the top auger to run?

As soon as yo start the stove.It will run a few seconds,then stop,then run again.If it does not run,the bottom auger will run out of pellets,and stove will die.The link I posted tells you how to bypass the vac.switch,to test.

Actually,I have had brain fade,sorry,the circuit through the switches should be good,or the top motor would not run when you hold down the ON button.Sounds like you may need a control board.

Bob nailed it. Triac has probably failed. Is the stove plugged into a good surge protector?

Reactions: Mt Bob
I got that number off of the user manual and every time i call it it says technicians busy please try again later or go to the website. I'll defiantly keep trying that number.

Check your door seal and vac hoses in the back of the stove. There’s one on each side, make sure the ends are not cracked if they are cut off the bad section and be sure to get them back on the same nipple they were on to begin with. Did you do a factory reset of the board?

Check your door seal and vac hoses in the back of the stove. There’s one on each side, make sure the ends are not cracked if they are cut off the bad section and be sure to get them back on the same nipple they were on to begin with. Did you do a factory reset of the board?
Did everything you just said all clean inside and out and i know both auger motors are good... Did the bypass still nothing...

If you did a factory reset. Lets ck and see if your stove defaulted to mode A, instead of D. Unplug the stove wait 30 seconds, plug the stove back in and within 3 seconds( critical )Press the up and down arrows on blower speed at the same time and let go. A letter will appear in the window press the arrow till you see a D then hit the start button. Wait a few seconds and unplug stove again. Plug back in and try starting it up.

Last edited:
If you did a factory reset. Lets ck and see if your stove defaulted to mode A, instead of D. Unplug the stove wait 30 seconds, plug the stove back in and within 3 seconds( critical )Press the up and down arrows on blower speed at the same time and let go. A letter will appear in the window press the arrow till you see a D then hit the start button. Wait a few seconds and unplug stove again. Plug back in and try starting it up.
Got it on D... Well no e2 yet... top auger still not running except for when i first pressed on. It reads 5U and ignitor is glowing to start fire. I hope top auger eventually starts.

Got it on D... Well no e2 yet... top auger still not running except for when i first pressed on. It reads 5U and ignitor is glowing to start fire. I hope top auger eventually starts.
It's finally running on its own. I had to help feed the pellets in to get it through it's 20 min start up but finally i heard it drop pellets checked and it was turning on its own... i can't thank you guys enough for the help you have given me. It still reads S U I'm hoping it turns to normal soon

SU = Start Up. SD = Shut Down. I still think there’s a vacuum leak somewhere. But if its burning and your warm :) Its all good