2019 Regency 3000 deffeciency.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Stevef20

Jan 21, 2022
Quebec. Canada
I now have 2 cracks on a recently purchased regency 3000 wood stove. Both are located on a corner of the door opening. Is this occurring often? Its got to be still under warranty. I'm awaiting an answer from the sellers.

20220121_082805.jpg 20220121_082805.jpg 20220121_082809.jpg 20220121_082820.jpg

Reactions: Stevef20
That is a us stove co stove. They are cheap stoves imported from Asia and sold through box stores. I seriously doubt it would be covered under warranty even if you were the original owner
Thank you very much for your quick response. Didnt think it was a cheap stove at the cost of it.. ill be waiting for their answers now.. but for your input and guidance

Thank you very much for your quick response. Didnt think it was a cheap stove at the cost of it.. ill be waiting for their answers now.. but for your input and guidance
How much did you pay?

A good welder would be able to repair that...I have had cracks like that repaired before...still holding.
The other option would be to just stop the cracks...especially while they are still within the gasket sealing surface...just drill a small hole (1/8") at the very root of the crack, or even just a bit beyond (better to go beyond than to not get it all, it will continue on if you don't get back to sound metal) that should stop them from growing, and at that point they really are of no consequence. I ran a Drolet Tundra wood furnace with cracks like that (only much longer) a 3 corners of the door...had no affect on the fire, and since the firebox is under negative pressure, there will be no smoke or anything could come out there...

Just pullout the receipt its is written lifetime warranty.. so id say good news
Regency has a lifetime warranty. Us stove co doesn't.

Just pullout the receipt its is written lifetime warranty.. so id say good news
Might have to read the fine print...sometime the "lifetime warranty" only covers certain things...like the welds, something like that...and those cracks are not on welds, so...
Hope I'm wrong and its on the whole firebox...