2021-2022 BK everything thread

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but not yet. I am running the stove even when into the high 50's. Our house holds the heat very well after so much work. However, the wife asked for 12' ceilings (she got 10') but the house is large. Since we do not live upstairs and rarely go upstairs. we have closed off the access and ceiling registers...but some heat still migrates upstairs. (It's way to warm up there!)

I will stop burning in another few weeks and then I will give the firebox a real hot burn (bypass closed) and then sweep the chimney. If it's like years past, there won't be much accumulation. That's the advantage of of the stove design, proper operation and most importantly my 3-5 year old Tamarack!
Thank you 👍

Reactions: Nealm66
Oh wonderful - areas 1000ft or higher will have snow tonight from a nor'easter, better grab a couple arm fulls of wood.

28F this morning, topping out in mid 40’s. We are burning.

On Sunday May 15th (late arrival ) ((7:00 p.m.)) I will be in Lancaster PA for an industry event. Anyone want a free drink at the Wyndam bar, just send me a PM and we can arrange a BK Roundtable (assuming tables are round!)

On Sunday May 15th (late arrival ) ((7:00 p.m.)) I will be in Lancaster PA for an industry event. Anyone want a free drink at the Wyndam bar, just send me a PM and we can arrange a BK Roundtable (assuming tables are round!)
d*mn I was there a few weeks ago. Not on May 15.

And square tables are fine for boxy BKs :)

Let me help you out here.... when pronouncing the name of Lancaster, the locals call it Lankester (Lank-ess-tur) I'll come for a beer if you bring a version 3 cat for my princess.

Let me help you out here.... when pronouncing the name of Lancaster, the locals call it Lankester (Lank-ess-tur) I'll come for a beer if you bring a version 3 cat for my princess.
Thanks...I've been schooled on this pronunciation previously. I don't know that I can snag a V3 from engineering...but the drink offer stands.

I’m trying to imagine the conversation but keep getting a black screen ha ha!
If we can get Ashful, it will be highly technical. Too such a degree, multiple servings may be necessary.

Saturday nights load about gone...cat almost inactive....

20220418_180130.jpg 20220418_180153.jpg

Is that pic with glowing fuel when your cat drops out of the active zone?
Mine drops out way later (as in a few coals left that I have to take to see them glowing). This is after about 2.5-3 cords thru the cat.

Is that pic with glowing fuel when your cat drops out of the active zone?
Mine drops out way later (as in a few coals left that I have to take to see them glowing). This is after about 2.5-3 cords thru the cat.
That is with door open, getting next load ready....once I beat it with a poker, it was 1" coals across floor of stove.

Reactions: stoveliker
The key is accenting the first syllable. LANK-ess-tur. You can always spot an out-of-towner when they say lan-KAST-err.

The key is accenting the first syllable. LANK-ess-tur. You can always spot an out-of-towner when they say lan-KAST-err.
Or a Californian (Lancaster California) The Amish set me straight years ago....

Well, good thing you’re headed to the correct Lancaster. I’m convinced there’s not a decent cocktail made in the entire state of California.

You’d be more likely to find ice cubes on asphalt at the equator, than a bottle of Angostura bitters or Carpano Formula Antica behind most bars in that state. They seem to lack the basic ability and material to make anything other than Daiquiri and Margaritas, and I can’t be caught drinking those in public. 😛

It's official. My King is out! I will begin the search for fire wood when the mountain passes open (too much snow currently)

I'm may not travel in July so that I can get some exercise and have wood to stack!

Normally the passes are starting to clear out by now but this year they are still gaining a lot of snow. The crews trying to clear Hwy 20 have their work cut out for them. This is an avalanche chute they are clearing.
278608966_352074216964286_2457487646352445505_n.jpg

More shots here

Send those guys over here! Then I could get started!!

Weather starting to break in northern Minnesota, I let the fire burn out yesterday. Lows of 19 degrees tomorrow. With the fire out I cleaned out the ashes and was going to lightly brush the cat and check for fly ash. Was quite surprised to see it crumbled. This was a new cat this year. I do run my stove hard but do not abuse it. I never once opened the door with the bypass in the wrong position and typically wait a few minutes before engaging it when reloading. I got two years out of my previous cat. May be time to try the droplet HT-3000 and movie the princess into the shop. The cat seems to be working prior to letting the fire burn out I had a solid 12 hour burn.

557B7CED-E8D0-40A3-830F-AB8084623562.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.