2022-2023 Pellet Shortage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

The Grintch

Burning Hunk
Apr 4, 2013
North Attleboro
Is anyone having trouble securing pellets this Fall? All the websites are saying "sold out".

No problams here Ferguson Energy has 3 buildings like this
Cubex, LG and Ambiance
1669152725744.png

Reactions: tbear853
Tractor Supply. in Woonsocket,RI...shows in stock.....If you are in Massachusetts

Last I looked in my area, BBS didn't have much and were not selling online - even for in store pick up. Local Agway is usually pretty well stocked, but price has gone up. The local Aubuchon's also has some and their price is way up. How much of the price increases reflect actual costs (expecially transportation costs), and how much (if any) is about shortage, I have no idea.

In central Ohio there are plenty. Our local TSC stores have probably 50 tons of Somersets setting out front and running $4.49 bag plus approx $25 off for a ton. Menards had a huge stock of Somersets also at about $225/ton including tax. Normally by this time of year Somersets are nowhere to be found in the Box stores around here.

Reactions: bogieb
Local TSC stores here, between Buffalo and Rochester,NY have plenty of the house brand and Green Supreme. Which they always say " they are the same "..

Is anyone having trouble securing pellets this Fall? All the websites are saying "sold out".
Try woodpellets.com, free delivery to most of new England. There web site says in stocks. Getting from $7-$10 per bag due to time of year.

I have no idea how good their pellets are, I purchased a ton to supplement what I already have, they are due in December.

Tractor Supply. in Woonsocket,RI...shows in stock.....If you are in Massachusetts
I was at the Woonsocket store on Tuesday, looked like only 2 skids in the side room. One of the pen skids , I kooked at looked like the pellets were degrading. Walmart in Whitinsville also had 2 skids, picked up a bag of Still River Hardwood to try. was running at $5.25/ bag.

Reactions: gfreek and bogieb
Tractor Supply on Rt 4 in Chichester, NH had a big display out at the front on their parking lot by the road when my brother and I drove by on Monday. About 7-8 pallets stacked with a sign "wood pellets in stock". No idea what they are.

Sam