25 ep wiring question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Knapp

Burning Hunk
Dec 11, 2012
Poughkeepsie, NY
I just got my stove refurbish kit from Englander. To say its a complete kit is an understatement! You can't get a more complete kit for a sweet price. But I digress, I'm putting in the auger motor and I mixed up the wiring. One wire is black and the other is yellow. Can someone tell me which side of the motor uses which wire? Please let me know which side while looking at the back of the stove. Thanks everyone!

Hello
Englander Auger motors are Altrnating Current. Therefore it does not matter which wire is which. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 125
Yep. Any motor on your stove can have the wires hooked up either way.

Make sure you use the correct 2 wires, but orientation doesnt matter.

Nice! Thanks guys!
Have any of you had an issue getting the ash pan to seal using the new gaskets?

Its mainly on the front areas on the ash pan. I tried doubling the gasket, that helped but then the outer edges were on the loose side. I was thinking about using wide jawed vise grips to gently massage the frontt of the pan to tighten it up a bit.

Do you notice any change in the flame when it's running and you push on the ash pan to have it seat better? Just curious.

here's the poop on the wires for the auger motor , BTW the members are correct the motors and blowers are not pole specific so to speak which wire where dont matter.

we used the 2 color wires for ease in our assembly with the wiring harness 'zipped up" when it gets to the stove knowing which is which at a glance speeds production, the yellow wire is from pin 3 on the board and goes straight to the motor , pin 4 (the other lead for the motor) , goes through the lockouts before getting to the motor.

as for the ash pan, if you can post me a couple shots of it installed if i can see it i may be able to give you some input on the easiest way to get a better seal from it. also check the LBA setting on the board , it should be set at 5 in the 09 model EP

Thanks for the info guys. I never tried to push the ash pan in while the stove was running. I did the dollar bill check to see if I needed a new gasket. Even with the new gasket, the problem was still there. I did some work to the pan today. I doubled the.gasket on tbe bottom of the ash pan and everything seems tight. The dollar bill check yielded satisfactory results. I'll post pics within a couple of days to show my repair.

try tracing around the edge with a match flame (stove running) kinda hard to see whats up on the bottom edge as the flame wants to rise but it should show you if you are pulling air.

keep me in the loop also on this , i know that stove pretty well and know some tricks if needed.

Hey guys, here are some pics of my ash pan repair. I gently massaged the steel so it made tighter contact with the stove. I then installed the gasket on the pan and put one section of gasket on the lower part of the opening on the stove. Problem solved! The ash pan is as snug as a bug in a rug!20130717_200149.jpg

Attachments

• 20130717_200212.jpg
    20130717_200212.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 118
pretty close to what i was thinking but was going to suggest doubling the gasket on the pan itself just in the front put the "front only" strip on the pan then cover with the complete strip. this way if the stove gets hot it doesnt burn the glue on the strip to make it fall off

Status
Not open for further replies.