25-IP/55-SHPIP/55-TRPIP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bigbrat

Nov 1, 2016
Canada
Im wondering if i can get some help,I just installed a thermostat and was wondering if i should have my stove set on HI-LOW or should i leave it as the stove can from the factory,,im wanting the stove to turn down when the set thermostat reaches the temp i set it to and turn back up again when the temp drops below what i have the thermostat set to and turn off and on when it doesnt need to reach the set temp i have the thermostat set to,,Thanks in advance

Then you want to be on hi-low. Follow the requirements in your manual to make sure it is set up correctly.

Reactions: Bigbrat
The temp showing on the thermostat is higher then what I have it set to..and the stove is working on idle.how long will the stove stay on idle before it shuts off..the temp has been above the set temp for almost 2 hours and still never shut off..is there a certain length of time the stove has to be idle before shutting down?

If you have the stove on HI-Low it will not shut off
will just go to low and stay there until the stat. calls for heat
The stove has to be set to ON-Off for it to shut down

Make sure that your T-stat has a decent swing setting otherwise the stove will constantly turn on and off and pretty soon stay off because the igniter died. Ask me how I know...

Eric

I just noticed my settings are 4 4 and 1..I never changed them since the stove was bought..I tried to change them to 6 4 and 1 but for some reason the stove wont let me change the settings..is it because I have the stove hooked up to a stat and have it set on Hi and Low?

Why do you want to change them. If its heating good and you have a good flame/burn its fine on those settings.

im just curious why they would be set on 4 4 1 when they are suppose to be set on 6 4 1 from the factory,,just trying to fine tune my stove so i burn less pellets and get the most heat i can from the stove

6-4-1 are the default settings for the 25 PDV and 25PDVC. They may not be the same for your 25-IP. Yours is a completely different stove so don’t go by settings for any others. I have never worked on or experimented with one so i cannot advise on the settings.