25-PAH, See it really happened

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ByCo

Jan 29, 2011
Nebraska
Sorry I don't have a before picture but after three weeks with out a pellet hit I was shaking to bad to hold the camera still. :ahhh: Excuse the mess, this place is a work in progress and maybe someday I'll have it presentable.LOL

My plan is to pull the venting this summer and paint it black and to finish out the raised hearth. I also need to figure out what I'm going to do with the old window opening that I had framed in and mounted the window stove in.

Attachments

• resized_25_PAH.jpeg
    resized_25_PAH.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 315
Looks great so far....looking forward to the "all done" pics later on.

Enjoy the heat!

PS....is there a surge protector on that stove yet?

That mess behind the metal bucket is what's left of the front support that I built for the window stove, The electrical outlet is built into it, from this angle you can't see the surge protector. I was going to tear all of it out and then decided I'd just leave it there for now and tackle moving the outlet to the raised hearth this summer when I figure out what I'm going to do with the rest of that corner/window opening.

So far I really like it. I'm heating about 1100 sqft and using a Lux DMH110 on the wide swing setting to control the stove. I get quite a bit of solar gain during the day so I've been switching to on/off mode in the morning and switching back to high/low in the evening. I know that running in high/low will shorten the igniter life, about how long do the igniters last in Englaner stoves? Hopefully longer than the one in my window stove, it died after four months and was only used once a day!

ByCo said:
I know that running in high/low will shorten the igniter life, about how long do the igniters last in Englaner stoves?

Actually running in high low should make the igniter last longer. On off mode will shorten it.

Your right, I got it back words. LOL, I meant to say on/off.

Status
Not open for further replies.