$250 for dry creek

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
I can get these pellets for $250. I have read mixed reviews on these pellets, mostly good I think. So I don't know, should I get a ton at this price and try them out.

I burned 2 tons of them this year and hated them, as others also reported. However, it seems to have been a bad year for them as it was also reported that they were a good pellet prior to this season.

I burned them last year and they were great. This year a total different pellet. The mill is 15 minutes from my house and a friend knows the son of the owners and he says they are having big issues with getting sawdust to make pellets and there are other more personal issues with the family. I hope they get things right again they had a great pellet now not so good, lots of fines and very small pellets (1/8") and lots of dust and they burn for crap, very sooty and my fire brick turns completly black during ignition and does not burn off.

This was my first year burning them and they were great! Best pellets I used in the last 3 years I had my stove. I did buy them end of summer 08 though.

The biggest killer of pellets is moisture. Ask questions from who you buy from on how they store pellets. Keep away from outside storage.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.