3/4" shut off valve

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dops

Apr 17, 2024
Hi, my plumbing company services all of the Cracker Barrels in our state. We have been asked to replace their 3/4" gas fireplace shut off valve; however, I am having trouble locating one online, and I don't know the brand of fireplace; therefore, making it harder to even start the search. Is anyone on here aware of what I might be looking for and where I can find it? Thank you!

Hi, my plumbing company services all of the Cracker Barrels in our state. We have been asked to replace their 3/4" gas fireplace shut off valve; however, I am having trouble locating one online, and I don't know the brand of fireplace; therefore, making it harder to even start the search. Is anyone on here aware of what I might be looking for and where I can find it? Thank you!
Aren't they just standard off the shelf Gass fittings?

It isn't, we need the fitting, the key and an extended flange, as well. I'm struggling to find 3/4" and a long enough flange.
Can you post a picture or two of the parts?

Yes, this is what I sent the master plumber, and he said, this looks like what the cracker barrel uses; however, he wanted the key to go more than a 1/4 turn and the polished chrome extender needed to be longer...so I was on the right track.

Screen Shot 2024-04-17 at 11.53.12 AM.png

If I'm not mistaken, Cracker Barrel uses log lighters.
I don't know enough to say but wouldn't it be better to have a 1/4 turn valve to quickly shut it down? Versus one with more adjustment.

If I'm not mistaken, Cracker Barrel uses log lighters.
I don't know enough to say but wouldn't it be better to have a 1/4 turn valve to quickly shut it down? Versus one with more adjustment.
I sent him the link, I think we are going to try this, thank you so much