3 blue flashes and no auger, no pellets, no fire.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tnt4him

Mar 3, 2018
Beaverton Oregon
I did my weekly cleaning and for whatever reason I pulled the control module out and put it back in. I was not running when I did this. Of course when I put it back in the exhauset fan came on and ran for the usual 15 minutes before shutting off. But when I wanted to turn on the fireplace the auger is not turning or getting a signal. the heating element is not turning on. basically all it is doing is turning on the exhaust fan. If I disconnect power and turn it back on the control module flashes blue 3 times every 10 seconds for 60 seconds. I believe this is the current setting I have.
The reset button does nothing and thermostat setting does nothing as clicking and then you hear the auger turn.
what have I done?
How can i make it work again?
2006 Quadrafire Castile insert
(I have an extra control module and tried it. Everything works perfect with the new one).

Last edited:
Bump, this was posted in the wrong forum. Did the problem get resolved?

if the stove was still plugged in you may have shorted the board out when removing and reinstalling. I have run across many boards that have damaged ground planes, which are in the middle layer of the pcb rendering them unrepairable. so if you have one that works i would use it and never remove the box without unplugging the stove first