3 Coconuts per KW

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peakbagger

Minister of Fire
Jul 11, 2008
Northern NH
This is an interesting unit conversion. In a Power magazine article about power systems for islands they mentioned that on one remote island they burn coconut oil to generate power. They stated 3 coconuts per KWhr

Good catch I have edited it

Last edited:
Reactions: Cynnergy
I think you mean 3 coconuts per hour per kW. ;lol

One pound of 20% moisture content woody biomass, which may well include coconut husks and shells, has heat energy equivalent to about 1-3/4 kw of electricity.

And my neighbors just toss them to the curb on trash day...

One pound of 20% moisture content woody biomass, which may well include coconut husks and shells, has heat energy equivalent to about 1-3/4 kw of electricity.

I'm really not sure what you mean.. energy is measured in kwh .. was that just a typo?

Status
Not open for further replies.