3 inch to 4 inch vent pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Sorjanen

Sep 21, 2012
Moscow Maine
I was wondering if this would be doable, I am running 3 inch pipe now with one foot of vertical. Setup is Tee from the stove one foot vertical a 90 two feet horizontal to termination cap. I was thinking if I go a different stove that needs a 3 foot vertical could I go to 4 inch outside and go 2 feet of vertical? Would this even help my current stove better?
thanks
Bob

I was wondering if this would be doable, I am running 3 inch pipe now with one foot of vertical. Setup is Tee from the stove one foot vertical a 90 two feet horizontal to termination cap. I was thinking if I go a different stove that needs a 3 foot vertical could I go to 4 inch outside and go 2 feet of vertical? Would this even help my current stove better?
thanks
Bob
If you google EVL pellet stove piping it will tell you about what size piping you need.

If you google EVL pellet stove piping it will tell you about what size piping you need.
I understand about EVL thinking when I hit 4 inch the EVL isn't going to be figured in the totals. so adding a Tee and 2-3 foot rise and a 90 won't effect the evl because it is now 4 inch pipe. only the 3 inch would be counted.

Status
Not open for further replies.