-3* outside. Open a window to warm up the room?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kobudo

Sep 10, 2008
MN
Here is a good one.

We went to the cabin (Northern Minnesota) after having been away for a few weeks. We shut off the bedrooms so they are not heated while away.
It had been extremely (-40*F) cold during the week. My son went into the bedroom, looked at the therm. in there and it read -7*F. The outside temp. was -3*F.
He said: "Hey dad, should I open the windows and let some warmer air in?"

kobudo said:
Here is a good one.

We went to the cabin (Northern Minnesota) after having been away for a few weeks. We shut off the bedrooms so they are not heated while away.
It had been extremely (-40*F) cold during the week. My son went into the bedroom, looked at the therm. in there and it read -7*F. The outside temp. was -3*F.
He said: "Hey dad, should I open the windows and let some warmer air in?"
lol, that's kinda funny.

Yikes!!!!! :bug:

Too Funny! Reminds me of a winter camping trip I took in interior Alaska when we had to open the windows of the cabin to cool it off because the wood stove overheated it. It seemed funny to me to have to open the windows when it was -45 outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.