3-point snowblower thoughts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I’ll look back at my old phone to see if I have pictures.

I used a mounting plate from bobcat, assuming yours uses that attachment. I found them in northern Indiana for making hitch plates off of. From there it’s just welding brackets for the three pins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snowblower finally came in. Bring it on Mother Nature, bring it on.

DSC00525.JPG

Nice snowblower! What brand?

Reactions: EODMSgt
I believe they are made by Woods.

It’s possible, but that thing looks nothing like my Woods SB64S. If it’s made by Woods, it might be a Kioti design that Woods manufactures for them?

aebd1489ff997c10cab7263cc95b2818.file

Note the woods uses a round tube auger shaft, Kioti is square. Woods has metal chute, Kioti is plastic. Woods housing is flush design, with top plate extending out as far as auger flights and side wings, Kioti does not. Shoes are different design, etc.

My woods is ca. 2015, though, so they may have changed a few things over time.

Reactions: heavy hammer
It's a Kioti however I'm not sure if Woods is the actual manufacturer. I know Kioti and Woods teamed up several years ago and I believe Woods still manufactures their rear-mounted snow blowers however I'm not sure if they make the front mounted. The Kioti front mounted snow blower looks a lot different than the ones offered by Woods however it looks very similar to their rear-mounted blowers. Perhaps Woods is making the front mounted blowers special to fit on the Kioti subframe and hook up to the mid-mount PTO?

Reactions: heavy hammer
Regardless its a nice looking setup. How come you went with the front mounted over the rear mounted?

Regardless its a nice looking setup. How come you went with the front mounted over the rear mounted?

Multiple surgeries thanks to getting injured in the war makes it difficult to turn for any period of time. I'm only getting older and less flexible in addition to all the hardware in my body so I opted for the front mounted. Plus I agreed to help with some of the snow clearing for our private road and it will be significantly easier to manage with a front mounted blower.

Hey I get it I have a couple buddies who have had there share of injuries from serving. Thank you for your service and keep us updated with some pics of the snow blower in use.

Even Better! Glad they took care of you!

No complaints about Bethesda. They put me back together after a bombing in '92 and then again (well, with five other hospitals) in '06/'07 after getting medevaced out of Fallujah.

Thanks for Going and Serving. I spent DS with Storming Normin on Staff. Combat Photographer. I got hurt coming back from Centcom. Military saved $$$ buying Recap Tires and 2 Blew out and on 2nd one I rolled it several times in middle of Interstate 10. Scared the hell on of car in left lane I bet. Damm thing never would stop rolling. Like inside of your Drier. Nothing compared to what you went thru. In USAF we sent Officers off to War. Salute them and wait 2.5 hours.

Great looking tractor & blower setup. Wish I had a need for such machinery but my little JD 425 garden tractor serves me well.

Thank you for your service.

Dad was Army anti-aircraft tank unit in Germany in the 50's. Older bro did 24 years Army officer (trained Kuwaiti's as artillery fire direction control after the first Gulf war + 2 tours in Afghanistan as Acquisition Corps) and is now a Gov't contractor. 10 years enlisted Navy nuclear power myself. Little bro is 19 years PA Nat'l Guard (Katrina humanitarian relief + tour in Baghdad Green Zone as artillery fire direction control when his unit was the first Guard unit to be fully qualified as striker brigade) and has been filling full time active duty billets since and was promoted to officer.