3 weekends, 9+ cord

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you rent a splitter or do you just have one that isn't listed in your sig?

I've been cutting up Bigleaf Maple. It's not the best firewood but it's better than the Alder I've been burning most of this winter.

I love Bigleaf Maple, like it better than fir. I have a little over a cord 2 year seasoned, it well be next years wood along with Fir. I try to save the maple for the real cold days, we have not seen many of those this year

first it is 9, now it is 10....sounds like a fisherman if I ever met one.....;)

Reactions: swagler85
first it is 9, now it is 10....sounds like a fisherman if I ever met one.....;)
Photographs and taxidermy are the only cures for after life growth .

Nice work Bigg_Redd.

Reactions: Bigg_Redd
You cut, split by hand and stacked 9 cords of wood in 6 days?.... Where those 18-20hr days?

You cut, split by hand and stacked 9 cords of wood in 6 days?.... Where those 18-20hr days?

It was closer to 10, but, most of the 6+ cord that came to my house are stacked (there's a decent amount that needs to be resplit). The three cord that went to my old man are on the ground and not stacked at all (Years ago I told him I'd cut, split and haul his firewood but I'm not stacking it).

Reactions: Thistle and smokinj
Why do you keep calling more than one a "cord". One cord, two cords.

Why do you keep calling more than one a "cord". One cord, two cords.

I suspect a regional vernacular and possibly industry related as a past customer who cleared rail and power lines used the word cord the same way.
It's certainly not just a west coast thang.

Reactions: Shane N
Redlegs said:
Did you take a picts of the nine cords as you went?​

This is Bigg_Redd we're talkin' about here.;) After being around here a while you'll find out he dont do pics.

Which is OK. (even though most of us like to see them) >>
Hey, Redd, could you at least paint us a vivid picture with words? That might be satisfactory... ==c
My crew is me and my old man (who is fat and old and tired and of limited energy).
Staring down the barrel of those genetics, I would keep stacking three cords a week for the foreseeable future; You may not have many good years left. !!!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.