4 wire thermostat on 2 wire system?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pybyr

Minister of Fire
Jun 3, 2008
Adamant, VT 05640
Here's a question for the hydronic pros:

My parents' house has radiant in-floor heat, and uses Wirsbo 2 wire digital thermostats.

After about 10 years, some of the Wirsbo thermostats have ceased functioning.

Turns out that these Wirsbo t-stats are _quite_ expensive- about $80 each (ouch).

I've been very impressed with some of the Azel products that I have used in my own system, and see that they have a digital thermostat at a more modest price-- the D-135

http://www.azeltec.com/catalog.0.html.0.html#D-135

However, this is a 4 wire thermostat- with the power leads and switching contacts separated.

Anyone know whether these can be used on a 2 wire system by running the power leads in parallel with the switching leads?

Also open to other suggestions.

thanks

i changed out all my honeywells for the wirsbos. there built for radiant heat unlike honeywells that were installed in my house. by the way if any wants some honeywells cheap i have a bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.