4inch flue 30 degree angle?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pdrhound

Nov 9, 2015
Colorado
New here. Just upgraded from my 20+ year old advantage 1 to an Avalon Astoria that has burned less than 2 tons.

I should have planned my purchase better because my old stove has an adjustable elbow (in 3 inch flue) on the back that sets up a nice exit out the side of my 65 degree A-frame roof (wall). It has been there for 24 years and is very easy to clean and vents superbly 4 feet later.

New stove has 4 inch flue. I could make a 30 degree elbow work but there seems to be no such animal.

Anyone know where to find an adjustable angle or 30 degree elbow in 4 inch pellet flue pipe?

I could use either if 1 of them made a adjustable angle or a 30 degree.

After further research this adjustable angle piece is simpson duravent and at one time simpson did make a 30. But no more.

What about reducing from 4 inches to 3 at back of stove? Total flu length is only 3 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.