5 yr Old Harman PC45

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

d2mcpherson

Feb 23, 2014
Midwest
Hi All,
A newbee here. I've been using a 15 year old Dell Point DC 2000 for 2 years. (Came with the house I bought). It has eaten 2 blower motors and the third is now on its last legs. Last two motors only lasted about 2 weeks. The Delco 12vdc motor does not look like original equipment and Dell Point parts are not available and I can't find a pellet stove technician who will even look at it.
I found a 5 yr old PC45 for sale and have some questions. Asking price: $1,000.

Does anyone know if my Dell Point is repairable? If so, any help would be greatly appreciated. If not...

Is $1,000 a good price for a 5 yr old PC45?
If I look at the PC45, what should I look+/or look out for?

Thanks
David

I would be looking at the 45 like it was silver at that price point. If you had to replace all the electronics minus board and ESP you out $350 tops and the parts can be had from Amazon or ebay in couple days. Look at having to replace gaskets on doors,$25. Its very easy to clean and work on and clean. Payback with propain being this high still could be done before June if you burn just pellets. If your somewhere in the Midwest? mix in some dry corn at $150 ton and get a faster payback. If it fires and comes to temp and gets the room air fan running, pay the $$ and load it up.

Hi All,
A newbee here. I've been using a 15 year old Dell Point DC 2000 for 2 years. (Came with the house I bought). It has eaten 2 blower motors and the third is now on its last legs. Last two motors only lasted about 2 weeks. The Delco 12vdc motor does not look like original equipment and Dell Point parts are not available and I can't find a pellet stove technician who will even look at it.
I found a 5 yr old PC45 for sale and have some questions. Asking price: $1,000.

Does anyone know if my Dell Point is repairable? If so, any help would be greatly appreciated. If not...

Is $1,000 a good price for a 5 yr old PC45?
If I look at the PC45, what should I look+/or look out for?

Thanks
David
You can rebuild it yourself if needed. I would ask if it ran and if not I would look it over and plug it in if possible as you may be able to see what is wrong. Actually you could bring it up to new condition for not very much money. You should be able to get your hands in to turn the motors so you can tell they are not stuck. A lot of times it is a matter of cleaning. I have seen the exh fan froze tight from rust and crud. Seen a new ESP probe bring them back to life. yeah its worth it.

Forgot to mention that a nice feature of Harman is the test mode. With the fan switch to low -high turn the feed switch all the way counter clockwise and all motors, fans should run for a bit. Nice to prime auger or bump the fire after a hot exchanger cleaning to get the fire up again.

Thanks All for the helpful info.
It's good to know that it should be easy to fix what's not working. After having my first pellet stove for a winter and a half, I wouldn't want to live without one. I'll head down and take a look at it and probably bring it home.

Thanks David

The savings over propain this heating season have made a lot of folk believers.

If you check it out and like what you see, dont be shy about making an offer of 700 or so.
The worst that can happen is he/she says no.
If the ad says "asking price", typically there will be some wiggle room.
Good luck!

If that's the stove from Monmouth it looks pretty good. Just wonder why no sale this long.

Status
Not open for further replies.