50% off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I love that Scan soapstone stove. I can't imagine it would be 50% off. In fact, I didn't see anything on the site indicating 50% off. Where did you see that?

I guess it won't help me as I don't live anywhere close to NY, and frankly, I'm not sure where I'd put a big stove like that. Maybe I'll nose around my house when I get home (I'm in KC, MO) for a potential location. One day, in another house, I'm going to have one of those big contra-flow, soapstone beauties!

I must say, I'm very intruiged by the Scan stoves. They are taking stove design in new directions, with EXTREMELY large glass fronts, giving them heating characteristics more akin to a fireplace. It's amazing how much heat they radiate out front - my Morso 2110 was the dealer's burn model, they replaced it with a Scan... you could feel the heat standing 20 feet away from the front of that thing...

Do you sell the Scans, MSG? How is their build quality? They sure look nice...

I did sell SCAN up untill last year. I sell RAIS. I had both in the show room and RAIS made me choose. I stayed with RAIS because i sold alot more of there brand. This type of stove is big in my market. We sold 20 RAIS last year. I think RAIS and SCAN are fantastic products. They throw tons of heat for the size firebox they have. I think the SCAN could do a little better on there stone polishing, but SCAN's price is much better then RAIS. I have no complaints on the SCAN line.

MountainStoveGuy said:
I did sell SCAN up untill last year. I sell RAIS. I had both in the show room and RAIS made me choose. I stayed with RAIS because i sold alot more of there brand. This type of stove is big in my market. We sold 20 RAIS last year. I think RAIS and SCAN are fantastic products. They throw tons of heat for the size firebox they have. I think the SCAN could do a little better on there stone polishing, but SCAN's price is much better then RAIS. I have no complaints on the SCAN line.

These guys sell scan and RAIS also. Just took on the RAIS line. They are very expensive. But look really nice. The Scan stove all have very small fireboxes. Don't know if they advertise prices on the web, but they claimed all in stock stoves were very negotiable. on price. Seriously tempted on a couple they had there....If I only had the cash burning a hole in my pocket. (pun intended)

Warren said:
I have no connection with these guys at all....Just passing along info if anyone is interested.

20% - 50% off all in stock stoves here.

http://www.ashleighsonline.com/

Good luck ever getting anything out of these guys - they are a NIGHTMARE to deal with.

I called them initially about a chimney install - guy came out (not sure if them or a referral) - he wasn't sure if he could fit it; no followup and never got a yes/no on the job or price. Got JP Chimney in Dutchess to do it - highly recommended and very good experience. He had a very good solution to the problem.

Also tried ordering a trim ring through them - took many weeks of phone calls, lost orders, stories about shipments coming in but not being opened/unloaded for days... after weeks of nonsense I gave up and ordered online.

I did once successfully buy wall spacers at this store - the only successfully completed transaction I ever accomplished with them.

These guys are not at all staffed for any level of customer support - don't waste your time with them.

NY Soapstone said:
Warren said:
I have no connection with these guys at all....Just passing along info if anyone is interested.

Good luck ever getting anything out of these guys - they are a NIGHTMARE to deal with.

I called them initially about a chimney install - guy came out (not sure if them or a referral) - he wasn't sure if he could fit it; no followup and never got a yes/no on the job or price. Got JP Chimney in Dutchess to do it - highly recommended and very good experience. He had a very good solution to the problem.

Also tried ordering a trim ring through them - took many weeks of phone calls, lost orders, stories about shipments coming in but not being opened/unloaded for days... after weeks of nonsense I gave up and ordered online.

I did once successfully buy wall spacers at this store - the only successfully completed transaction I ever accomplished with them.

These guys are not at all staffed for any level of customer support - don't waste your time with them.

Interesting response...Their one person on their sales staff is extremely arrogant, and they did not want to help me with a majestic fireplace even though they are a dealer. The talk down any product they don't carry also.

Like I said... only passing along the sale if anyone was interested.

NY Soapstone said:
Warren said:

I have purchesed my Avalon Olympic Insert, my son bought his avalon pellet stove there. we recieved nothing but the absolute best service and support from them. The salesmen helped and educated me and my wife through our decision making process. The other stores we visited we were not given the time of day and when someone finally talked to us they had no clue about anything. the only thing i can think of why you recieved bad service is bad communication anytime i need parts or service there is always someone to help

Back to the Scan Stoves, their inserts are interesting. I have a really old home so modern designs don't fit, but the SCAN DSA 8 model almost looks like a kitchen stove which might look pretty damn cool in my kitchen.

I wonder is anyone around me sells them so I can take a look at them?

You know you managed to dredge up a thread from just a bit more than 3 years ago here...Rick

fossil said:
You know you managed to dredge up a thread from just a bit more than 3 years ago here...Rick

Hmm, I didn't even notice that. Looks like the poster before me really went out of his way to defend a store. Usually means they have connections to that store.

Either way, the Scan stoves are still cool. I didn't even know they existed, so, my hat's off to the poster that was scanning for negative comments about his business...;)

BrowningBAR said:
Either way, the Scan stoves are still cool. I didn't even know they existed, so, my hat's off to the poster that was scanning for negative comments about his business...;)

If you are talking about Warren, he is one of the founding regulars and he burns in a Osburn insert in his home. Hasn't ever sold any stoves that I know of.

BrotherBart said:
BrowningBAR said:

If you are talking about Warren, he is one of the founding regulars and he burns in a Osburn insert in his home. Hasn't ever sold any stoves that I know of.

Nope, I'm talking about the guy that pulled up a three year old thread: fireman1028.

Status
Not open for further replies.