52i question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SWelsch

Dec 23, 2017
Maryland
My 52i runs great but can't seen to get much above 68 degrees. Big house I know but was wondering with room temp on 75 and distribution fan on max will the heat output increase if I move the temp dial to 80 or does it just run the stove longer/ until temp is met?
Thanks

My 52i runs great but can't seen to get much above 68 degrees. Big house I know but was wondering with room temp on 75 and distribution fan on max will the heat output increase if I move the temp dial to 80 or does it just run the stove longer/ until temp is met?
Thanks
Hi swelsch is the area your trying to heat too much for the stove?

Most likely the area is too large for the stove. It's not my primary source I use it to supplement the heat pump. Just curious as to whether there's an actual change in the heat output or is it just a question of running the stove for an extended period of time if the temperature gauge is set higher. I assume that these those can run maxed out for an extended period of time

Best way to get heat out of your 52i is to set the stove to constant heat. Put the dial on around 5.5-6 and feed rate at 4. This is what I do when temps are real cold outside. As I understand it, when stove is on room temp the stove will pump out heat at a high output and then throttle back as it get closer to the temp you have it set at. In constant heat the esp probe will set output gas temp and will run at that temp indefinitely. You can go as high as 7 but I usually don't go higher than 6. You can also increase feed rate as high as it will burn pellets without spilling out of pot. My stove will run so hot that you can't stand in front of it without burning your legs, 12" to 18".

Most likely the area is too large for the stove. It's not my primary source I use it to supplement the heat pump. Just curious as to whether there's an actual change in the heat output or is it just a question of running the stove for an extended period of time if the temperature gauge is set higher. I assume that these those can run maxed out for an extended period of time
Well if you have it set at 75 and it is only 68 its probubly running on max to satisfy 75 I don't think turning it up to 80 will change anything

Well if you have it set at 75 and it is only 68 its probubly running on max to satisfy 75 I don't think turning it up to 80 will change anything
What I do in extreme cold at my house is set my stove and the house furnace to the same temp and they tag team all day it's actually warmer feeling in the house when it's bitter cold doing it this way. Try setting your stove at 72 and heat pump at 71 see how that works after the house has stabilized probly won't use much energy from the stove or the heat pump. I find at my house it's pretty economical to run them in tandem