562xp Mods/ Bar length change

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Is the oil pump working as it should, is there a screw to increase the oil discharge ..

walhondingnashua

Feeling the Heat
Jul 23, 2016
ohio
Now that you mention it, I did not adjust the oiler for the longer bar. It is only 4" though. Would that 4" make a difference like that? The oil oozing out near the end of that bar and around the cover just seemed strange to me.

walhondingnashua

Feeling the Heat
Jul 23, 2016
ohio
The oiler is turned up all the way. I sharpened it and played with the chain tension. Sent the weekend cutting up a cherry that was starting to die and had no issues. I didn't run it very long at any one time and the cherry is a lot easier on the saw than the old, hard dead ash I was cutting. Maybe it wasn't as sharp as I thought. Ill keep running it and see if that was the issue.

Nealm66

Minister of Fire
Sep 25, 2020
Western Washington
One thing to consider when modifying a saw muffler is fire season. Especially if your dawging in making low stumps and any moss. Just thought I should throw that out there from my experience with hot rod saws