6/8/2020

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MTY

Feeling the Heat
Jan 9, 2019
Idaho
Cold and wet today, so I fired up the BK. It has been at least a month since I did this last. I hope this gets me to September.

Cold and wet today, so I fired up the BK. It has been at least a month since I did this last. I hope this gets me to September.
I thought it was cool yesterday morning when I left for work-the car said 48 degrees, but it felt much cooler since I have gotten used to the weather being in the upper 80's lately during the day. Couldn't imagine firing up the heat though.

Likewise here, cool and wet all day, but at 56º the heatpump is keeping the house warm.

Funny you mention that.... I had my last fire of the season on 6/8/20. It was unseasonably cold all day.

1592336903005.png

Last edited by a moderator:
We are still burning, but just for cooking. I haven't baked indoors for several days due to the weather. I'll have to start baking my bread in the outdoor dutch oven.

Reactions: JimBear