6" flexible chimney liner install in an 8" insulated pipe support question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Oil97

Sep 22, 2021
Alberta, Canada
Hello,

I had a previous thread about the house I bought that has pre-existing 8" pipe that I bought a Blazeking sirocco 30 for. It was recommended that I install the 6" flex liner inside the 8" pipe. I am going to get this installed soon and was wondering how the top of my liner ( at the cap) should be supported within the 8" pipe?

Does it just sit unsupported at the top of the chimney with the rain cap as it has support at the bottom "Tee" where it turns into my basement wall?

If anyone has an experience/advice the would be great.. included are some pictures.
1639411992478.png

1639411976780.png

The liner attaches to that top plate/cap assembly, and hangs from that...which you should be able to just let the top plate sit on the top of the chimney pipe then