6 inch stovetop adapter duravent pt #1672 measures 5 5/8

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 13, 2012
HotSprings NatlPark
A 6 inch connector (m x m) would not fit my baby bear. I mod everything, so I have a big enough hammer to do this. To get by for now! Next year I will have all new pipe(piece by piece @ Sutherlands sale days) and I've decided to use doublewall from duravent. The first piece I got was the stovetop adapter #8679 (with the damper). The flange inside the trim collar measures 5 5/8 and was a perfect fit. The 1677(single wall) measures 5 7/8 @ the crimp to fit thin wall and stoves with a 6" outlet. I'm using a 1672 with a 6" connector into a T w/cleanout cap figuring that the creosote won't leak on the horizontal. Also using cement.

Thanks to all members providing links and info.

Status
Not open for further replies.