9 Years on Mars

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To clarify, life can be anything from large ugly fur-less humans to small, tiny, microbial life. The latter is possible.
Well, :rolleyes: my point was directly more towards your retirement to a cold planet. Truly dry humor. That's all.

Well, :rolleyes: my point was directly more towards your retirement to a cold planet. Truly dry humor. That's all.
Ah, wasn't sure if it was "doomsday prepper" humor insinuating that I was preparing for the end of the world, or an invasion, or something wacky.

Ah, wasn't sure if it was "doomsday prepper" humor insinuating that I was preparing for the end of the world, or an invasion, or something wacky.

;lol Okay, something like that in my sarcastic and cynical mind. I know it's Friday here, is it 5 o'clock in your part of the world? If we can both toast maybe we'll both be on the same page. ;)

Only problem is; even if we find them, not much we can do about it.

Sadly, you are exactly right. I was showing my wife the video footage of that meteorite in Russia and she asked why we don't go in behind "problem" asteroids after they pass earth and blow them up. I explained that if we did that, the next time they came past earth there could be a whole herd of fragments that could pummel us.......

When its our time to cash out, we ain't gonna stop it!

I want to probe into Jupiter's moon Europa where it is theorized that liquid water may exist beneath a layer of ice and there is an oxygen atmosphere.
pen
The oxygen in the super thin atmosphere has potential, but they believe the ice layer to be some 60 miles deep. They can't even drill that deep on Earth, how the heck are they going to do it way out there? Still, it has oxygen and lots of (frozen) water accessible, so it makes more sense to go there than that dust bowl Mars.

The oxygen in the super thin atmosphere has potential, but they believe the ice layer to be some 60 miles deep. They can't even drill that deep on Earth, how the heck are they going to do it way out there? Still, it has oxygen and lots of (frozen) water accessible, so it makes more sense to go there than that dust bowl Mars.

Yea, the ice is deep. But when drilling through ice, you know what you are up against!

At least that's my angle/hope before I die!

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.