A balmy Southeast PA.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulywalnut

Minister of Fire
Nov 29, 2012
Kennett Square, PA
Another day in the high 50- 60 range. I'm glad to save some oil but...
I love burning that woodstove. Got a new Jotul Castine this year and I think
we've fired it up three times so far. Got the old Fisher grama bear dinosour
out and ready for the 21st century of woodstoves! Come on cold weather!

Come north . . . 8-11 degrees depending on what thermometer you were looking at . . . I lit an outdoor fire for the guys working on my roof so they could warm up some since I felt guilty with the inside temps in the mid 70s.

Reactions: zap
Yep, it's gonna be another pathetic winter here in central PA, I fear. Seems like we run in 7-10 year cycles. Every 7 to 10 years we get one or two decent winters, the in-betweeners are rainy, muddy wet and gray. I have had the stove lit pretty much nonstop since late October, all except for a couple of those really warm days (let it go out then). But I have YET to put the really good wood in it and let it open up a bit. I've been running it almost shut the whole way down....

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
We hit 50 today.

I just look at it an an opportunity to keep cutting and splitting :) my stove doesnt do well on "low" so while yes, it was 55 here today, the stove has been on since about 9am and its a nice 78 :) my dogs and hubby are upstairs where it is closer to 68 but I'm enjoying the warmth!

We are in the 40's and rainy tonight. I am giving the wood pile a break and turned on the heaters. I am in no danger of being accused of not burning enough wood for heat in my life. ;lol

And at my age it ain't an opportunity to keep cutting and splitting, it is a pain in the ass and other body parts to keep cutting and splitting. <>

We're hovering right around 38-40F with a promise of winds and colder temps tomorrow. The stove has been running steadily since we got back from Maui.

I like the local weather forecasters when they say "We will be getting a cold front next week
dropping us to a bonechilling 32 degrees. What?

Status
Not open for further replies.