A bird is in my Quadrafire Mt. Vernon blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mconnor121

Oct 20, 2015
NH
Hey all,

So I went to clean out my stove this fall. Normally I do this in the spring but the wife and I had twins recently so things just kind of got pushed.

Anyways, I opened up the chamber where I can see the blower by the exhaust/chimney. That's when I see it. A bird. Very dead.

Anyone have thoughts on how I should handle this? I tried to figure out how to remove the blower but I've never done this before. Any and all help is appreciated because I'd really like to avoid having to shell out cash for someone else to fix it.

A picture is attached but it isn't the best quality.

Attachments

• Bird Attack.jpg
    Bird Attack.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 216
Been there done that
Take the blower off remove offending bird and all feathers
reinstall blower and Bobs your uncle all will be good
Hint wear rubber gloves
Some one will come along and help you with blower removal I do not know your stove

Been there done that
Take the blower off remove offending bird and all feathers
reinstall blower and Bobs your uncle all will be good
Hint wear rubber gloves

That's exactly my plan... I just have no clue where to start with removing the blower.

Which Mt. Vernon do you have. New or old?

You might have already seen this one but, just in case. Not sure which Mt. Vernon stove this is for.