A couple of quick questions - DIY Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

drakaba

Sep 27, 2023
Blanchard, ID
I've got a new construction build with a ZC Osburn Stratford II that I am installing. Wondering if it is a common practice to run a bead of fire caulking when attaching the anchor plate (Duratech Duravent) to the top of the fireplace?

20230927_160239.jpg 20230927_160403.jpg

I've got a new construction build with a ZC Osburn Stratford II that I am installing. Wondering if it is a common practice to run a bead of fire caulking View attachment 315913View attachment 315914when attaching the anchor plate (Duratech Duravent) to the top of the fireplace?
Nope not unless the manual tells you to. Just follow the directions exactly and you will be fine

Reactions: webby3650
We install a lot of Kozy fireplaces. They send a tube of furnace cement for the anchor plate. It can’t hurt.

We install a lot of Kozy fireplaces. They send a tube of furnace cement for the anchor plate. It can’t hurt.
Yes furnace cement can't. Silicone could possibly overheat and smell horrible

When I installed my Stratford II the tech department told me to go ahead and use high temp (2000 degree).