A fence lean-to that's also a wood shed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

newatthis

Aug 28, 2014
Charlottesville, VA
I am thinking about building a lean-to along our fence which will provide storage for our bikes, as we are out of shed space. AND protect our wood. Here is a picture of the site. If anyone has done something like this, can you show some pictures?

tempImage9pGJTe.png

You'll usually want good air gap / airflow under a wood shed. Not that this can't work into your plans, just something to consider if you're integrating into a fence meant to keep a pet and other critters in or out of the yard.

Personally, given wood sheds usually need more maintenance than fences, I'd want to keep them separate. The shed could be literally touching the fence, but still a separate structure set on its own separate piers.

looks like you have a good spot. I would use a tarp and some wood to hold it up, if all you want is protection. Or metal sheeting? I have no room to build really, as I live in town. Small town but still....no room. Good luck man!