A gift idea for the woodburner who has everything

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• iron_dog_silver[2].jpg
    iron_dog_silver[2].jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 457
Wonder how many they've ever sold. Gotta be nothing other than snob-appeal, because it sure doesn't have anything else going for it. That thing's even uglier than a steel plate stove. %-P Rick

precaud will probably just have to have one of those. I will wait for his review.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

But judging by how ugly that thing is I'm guessing nobody wants to behold it.

Wouldn't most gold alloys melt at any decent stove temperatures?

What ?
No remote control to turn it on and off, up and down ?

I don't think so.

Slow1 said:
Wouldn't most gold alloys melt at any decent stove temperatures?

In their PR material they say that they couldn't get it to fire over around 660 degrees which won't melt the silver or gold. But it has cast iron liners in the firebox anyway.

The plain old iron version of the stove is around $1,800.

I'll bet folks on this forum could get it to fire over 660 :) Wonder if they would be willing to put one up to the challenge... right wood, right draft... hmmm? I'd like to see the video of one glowing!

I can't believe there isn't a platinum option. Sterling Silver? Not even white gold?

DP

DeePee said:
I can't believe there isn't a platinum option. Sterling Silver? Not even white gold?

DP

Actually it is available in platinum too. :ahhh:

I'm holding out for the Unobtainium model. I'll settle for nothing less. :mad: Rick

Techstuf said:
The obscenely rich can keep their decadent baubles!

I'd rather have one of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60Tamp2fHhg

And a star to sail her by.....

While I'm dreaming.

TS

Once again youtube has derailed me into looking at that link then to train snow blowers and V8 powered snow blowers and then snow blowers on RC cars and the guy with the 22 hp walk behind modified blower..........and on and on.............

mwaaahaaa....haaacck....choke...cough...

I hate youtube.

kinda.

TS

Status
Not open for further replies.